Monday, August 31, 2009

GOOD FOR THE GANDER--SHOULD BE GOOD FOR THE GOOSE!

You have heard that expression many times. Well my memory of this might be a bit fuzzy, but I will try to tell it as was told to me recently.

It seems that our younger daughter didn't quite appreciate the information that was told to a boy that she had a huge crush on.

I'm not sure what was transmitted to him via a pipeline, but one day she took things in her own hands. She proceeded to go downstairs while our nephew was sleeping. She had a glass of water that she splashed on him. Good natured Gary took it in his stride and knew what she was protesting. I vaguely remember this incident and didn't know what it was all about. I think Gary told this boy something that Mary had told Gary about how she felt about her heart throb.
He acted like he was drowning under so much water.

I should think what is good for the GANDER, should be good for the GOOSE! She must have thought it was a one way street and only she could transmit messages through the pipeline.

Anyway, Gary told me later that he knew he had acquired a SISTER after that incident. They really got along very good and was like sister and a brother. Mary has only high esteem for her cousin even to this day!

Thought--Young people are so much fun to be around. There isn't a dull moment and something is taking place. I have enjoyed every age that our children went through. Each age has its exciting fun experiences as well as the challenges that a particular age brings. Just enjoy those years as they come.

No comments: