Wednesday, August 19, 2009

CAGEY NEPHEW!!

Earlier I wrote about how we met our future son-in-law. Today I will tell you how our daughter and Jim started to correspond and date.

During the Sophomore year of college, our nephew would come over and visit occasionally. When he showed up unexpectedly at the door, Jim would appear too. Maybe this was about 2-3 times during school year.

That summer between his Sophomore year and Junior year Hank wrote Jim and signed it like Carol had written Jim an invitation to her town. Jim proceeded to answer the letter and told her that he couldn't come for some reason or another. Carol wrote back and told him she hadn't written any letter to him, but he was welcome to come if he wanted to.

This was kinda the beginning of a correspondence. Then when Carol was needing a date for "Sweetheart Banquet"(church banquet), she thought she would invite Jim to it. She was either the queen or in the queens court. I am fuzzy about this.

Carol wore a yellow long dress (I made). She had her hair piled on top of her head and had tiny, tiny bows tucked into her hair. She was beautiful! Our girls never believed me when I told them that. They would say, "Oh you are just saying that because you're my mom". All mothers are a tad partial, but she was very beautiful in spite of that I saw her through a mothers eyes.

Wisdom--Since Jim was a Christian and active in "Navigators" (a campus bible group), I felt she was in "safe hands".

No comments: