Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS!!!

The summer that our older daughter was getting married, there were about 3 or 4 other weddings scheduled to be held at our church yet that summer.

We mothers got our heads together and decided to pool our money to purchase netting material and I volunteered to make netting/and skirts for the tables for the reception. We were then going to leave it at the church for future weddings to come. This we did and with previous netting, etc. we were "good to go"!

Without good friends and help at the last minute with wedding preparation, one could not accomplish all that needed to get done. I was most grateful for all the effort that went into setting up and detail work that could only be done at the last minute.

One of the mothers wanted to go on vacation right after her daughter was to get married, BUT she needed someone to manage her fabric store while she was gone. She did not want to leave the store to her teenage workers and take off. Since we both had a wedding that summer and her daughter was marrying a special friend's son, she asked me if I would be interested in being in charge of the fabric store for about a month. OPPORTUNITY KNOCKED, I opened the door and said, "yes."

After about 20 years, I was finally thinking about going back to work. With college looming ahead and some free time, I thought, why not!!! I had sold Avon, but I didn't have a 8-5 job for a long time.

Wisdom--In our lives we know that God is in control and when the door opens for something NEW, we need to weigh that opportunity and what is ahead for us. By doing this, we know what our decision should be. I wasn't out seeking to work outside of the home, but expenses would be greatly increased due to college costs, so thought it would be an excellent opportunity to consider.

No comments: