Monday, August 3, 2009

BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED!!

Yesterday at church a lady brought me a Dahlia from her garden. It was 10 inches across. Somehow these bloom so beautifully for her.

My thought was, that's just what we are supposed to do with our lives. No matter where we are and the circumstances that surround us, we are to make the most of it and BLOOM WHERE WE ARE PLANTED!

This lady that gave me the gorgeous flower is doing just that where she is planted. From early on she has had her neighbor child come and eat with her and her husband on a regular basis. What an impact she has on this child. She is a grandmother figure to him.

I think of people in the past that has served faithfully in the nursery so the children will quickly identify with them. I had a close friend (Reva) that served for years and years in the baby nursery. Another friend was legally blind but served as an organist past the time she was declared legally blind. She didn't let this stop her and she sewed toddler clothes and sold them. Now I can see, and I am telling you that she sewed beautifully long after she was told she couldn't see. She could have said, woe is me, and folded her hands, but not Eileen. Eileen has had so many operations that one stopped counting, but she always had an uplifting spirit about her. Both of the above people have passed away within the last few years. Eileen passed away last month and both are forever with their Lord.

Wisdom--In I Corinthians Chapter 12 it speaks of the Spiritual gifts and one gift is no less important as another and all are given to honor Christ. Truly, both these ladies did just that!

No comments: