Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A SUB-ZERO DAY IN DECEMBER!

Surgery was on my schedule at the end of December, right after Christmas. I elected to have my varicose veins operated on, since they were giving me a lot of pain.

Little did I know that it would be way below zero the morning of my surgery. Since my nephew was working at the University during the Christmas break (this is when he was a freshman in college), my husband had taken me over and then went to the dorm to stay with our nephew, so he wouldn't have to drive back the next day.

The next day it was so-ooo cold (sub-zero weather), that he couldn't get his car started that morning to drive across town. Our pastor was there long before my husband was able to come. (He had to drive 35 miles). Both arrived before I was scheduled to go into surgery.

I woke up from surgery and couldn't believe how good I felt. They took me from the recovery room to my hospital room on a gurney. I couldn't believe that this little ride would be so hard on me. My family wanted to stay overnight with me, but I told them I didn't care what they did, just leave me alone. I really was shaken up and didn't care if store kept or not.

Wisdom--I think of how faithful that our pastor had been time and time again. This kind of dedication can not and will never be forgotten! At another time, my husband was having surgery and our pastor and wife stayed all morning with me while waiting the results of that surgery. A caring pastor and wife can make such a difference in the family involved. We hit the jackpot in this couple.

Our health affects the way we think and our attitude toward life. I have been relatively healthly most of my life, but have compassion on those that haven't been so fortunate!

No comments: