Thursday, August 6, 2009

VULNERABLE!!

Our girls were about Junior High/High School age and my husband was working either 2Nd shift or overtime and I needed to go out to deliver Avon to my evening customers that wasn't available to reach during the daytime hours.

Since they were babysitting age, I thought it would be OK for me to leave them for a few hours.
I informed them that under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should they ever let anyone into the house.
I thought that they knew this was not a very good idea!

After delivering the orders I came back and asked them how it went. Well they said that someone came to the door and wanted to use the telephone to call for a repairman to fix his car. DUH! Does this sound like a good idea to let him into the house to phone? They let him in to use the phone. They were VULNERABLE!! All the preparation and warnings flew out the window that evening.

They claimed that the guy was in front of our house with the hood up inspecting the engine, and it was obvious that he needed a repairman. Thank heavens he truly did need a repairman. In this case they should have said, that they would call the repairman for him and to wait in his car.

WISDOM--You can't give enough warnings out for "Home Alone" children. The car problem could have been staged. I dread to think of how many "Home Alone" children there are that may face just such an event and it could be tragic. Now, most people have cell phones and can call repairmen if they truly need help. It is sad that one has to be skeptic these days to help another person out.

1 comment:

Observer said...

Boy! What those girls did was even worse than going off and leaving the front door wide open!!! ;-)