Wednesday, July 8, 2009

STRESSED OUT!

Did you know that one can get stressed out and not even know what is wrong? Often times, one can be so intensely trying to be "all things" to all people and you build up stress in your life.

Well this was the way I felt many years ago when the girls were little. I wondered what was the matter with me. My chest felt tight and I just was not feeling physically well for a few days. A couple days I laid around wondering what was wrong and what I should do about it.

While this was happening, I turned on the television (which I never had on much during the day). I came across the movie "The Reluctant Astronaut". Don Knotts starred in it. I laid on the davenport and laughed and laughed and laughed some more. I thought it was the funniest movie I had ever seen.

When the movie was over, guess what! The tightness I felt in my chest and the stress I had built up was gone. Yes, GONE!!!! I know the laughing that I did all during the movie, relieved my stress. I had really nothing I could pin-point why I was stressed, other than daily living. Everything in my family was going well.

Wisdom--In Proverbs 15:13 is says, "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken." Also, in Proverbs 17:22 it says, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones". I realized that truly a "GOOD BELLY LAUGH" is good for what ails you. This was really true that day that I needed a "good belly laugh". Don Knotts could deliver that in a person very fast. Just looking at him would produce a laugh. After that, I highly recommend a "merry heart" to cure what ails you.

No comments: