Thursday, July 9, 2009

HABITS, ETC!

Every morning when I get the paper, I try to do some of the puzzles they have. Cryptoquote, Jumble, Sudoku, etc. It is my way to sharpening up my mind. At my age, it needs quite a bit of attention to keep it sharp.

Today I figured out that the Cryptoquote was--"The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken. Samuel Johnson"

Sin in ones life is like this, also. I have written in my bible the following quote from Mike Kellogg, "Through the Night" program from WMBI.
This is the quote--

"Sin will take you FARTHER than you want to go,
Keep you LONGER than you want to stay,
and COST you more than you want to pay."

How very true these statements are!!!

A few things I wrote down years ago and don't know where they originated from is--

Sow a thought

Reap an action

Sow an action

Reap a habit

Sow a habit

Reap a character

Sow a character

Reap a destiny!

Sin is an attitude of indifference toward God, characterized by an active or passive REBELLION
against God.

G reat
R iches
A t
C hrist's
E xpense

HOW TRUE ABOUT GRACE!

B asic
I nstructions
B efore
L eaving
E arth

Thought--I thought these above "tidbits" were like "nutshells" of wisdom. The bible has all the instructions we need.

No comments: