Friday, July 17, 2009

IT JUST ISN'T FAIR!!!

The last writing I had mentioned that we went to EXPO (World's Fair) in Montreal. We took two weeks of our vacation to enjoy the fair. Of course it was a camping trip.

One of the days we were at the fair, it just poured down and we had quite a storm. In the evening when we returned to the campsite, we weren't sure what we would find. At least our camper was upright and seemed to be standing. We had a pop up camper and the side snaps were all unsnapped as the wind blew through the campground. We assessed the situation and found out that we were OK and not much damage had occurred. The campers next to us came over and said to us, "You guys were really lucky, because all of the campers that had a rig like yours, had the tarp blown off and their belongings were strewn all over the campground. They all packed up and headed for home." We were sorry for those campers but was certainly glad that our situation was all in tact.

During this two weeks we all ate the same, had the same amount of breakfast, lunch and supper. My husband and I weighed about the same in those days and he lost 5 lbs in two weeks and I gained 5 lbs. IT JUST ISN'T FAIR!! How could this happen? Our activities and calories were totally the same. The only thing that I could figure out was that my husband worried it off and I on the other hand, went with the flow! IT TAINT FAIR, I TELL YOU!

Our older daughter was our compass, as she navigated us around Montreal. If she hadn't been with us, I think we would still be up there wondering where we were. It is a BIG place.

Wisdom--God had to take care of us, as we were totally out of our element on this trip! Montreal has a lot of French speaking people and at gas stations we were lucky to find one that spoke English.

3 comments:

Observer said...

I'm proud of you both for being able to drive around in Montreal! I was there several years ago on company business, and I couldn't believe how tangled and confusing the streets system was! Fortunately, the rep. I was with did most of the driving, or I would have been continually lost! What year was it that you visited there?

neumo_rus said...

Expo was in 1967 between April 27 to October of that year. We went probably late July or early August.
Our daughters were 16 and 13 when we took this trip. Without their help in navigating, we truly would have been in a maze. We drove around Toronto, Canada to get there and the interstates and highways were totally a "web". We were fortunate that we came home to tell about it!

Unknown said...

In 2006 we went through Montreal. I had expected to stay a couple days or so, but when I experienced the volume of traffic and the risk-oblivious style of many drivers, we left the city after just several hours. Daniel was quite adept at reading the maps and helping me navigate in and through the city without getting lost. We were able to visit the island where the Expo was held. I've driven in NYC area, Chicago, LA, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, etc., but nothing compares to Montreal.