Friday, September 25, 2009

SITTING DUCKS!!!

I'm getting out of sequence with this story, but since I told you about the incident that happened to my friend, I thought of the time that this same scene could have happened to me. It was when I was working at the fabric store.

It was about ten P.M. and we were getting ready to close the fabric shop up for the evening. We just emptied the cash register and dust mopped the floor and we were ready to go home.

You remember that I had mentioned that no man ever came into the store? (See "Decision made" article). I had mentioned in that story about two men that came in one time.

Well, this was the time and the night that two very large burly young men walked into our fabric store. As I had stated, we had just emptied the cash register and closing up.

Both myself and the gal that was working with me, thought that we were sitting ducks to be robbed! We kept our "cool" and proceeded to wait on them. They said that they wanted to look at the velvet. We showed them the velvet variety we had and told them the price. They claimed that they wanted to paint on it. You probably have seen pictures that the background was velvet and someone painted on the material. I personally do not like that kind of art, but each to his own. To my memory, they did not purchase anything and left soon after.

You don't know how relieved we both were after they left and we were not robbed. Like I said, no man hardly ever came in to the shop. The timing of those two guys showing up were rather eerie!

Thought--One that closes up a store in the evening is always running a risk of being mugged or robbed. We live in an imperfect world and evil men are still out there.

No comments: