Tuesday, September 15, 2009

HOW I MET OUR YOUNGER DAUGHTER'S FUTURE HUSBAND!

There were 2 dozen red beautiful roses in a watering can in my daughter's room while I was visiting during mom's weekend. I inquired who was the proud owner of these. My daughter said that Brian had given them to her. I hadn't heard of this name before, but was asking more questions about him, since he obviously took a liking to our daughter.

She freely told me about him. I must have been impressed and her reply was. "Oh mom, he is just a friend!" What a friend he turned out to be!

I was privileged to meet him briefly still that weekend, but didn't really get to know him.

The following spring we were invited to a wedding of a close friend of our daughters. Our daughter was a bridesmaid and we proceeded to drive to this location and arrived early so we could find the church, etc.

We had time to kill before the wedding so my husband and I stopped to get some ice cream at dairy queen. A Corvette sports car pulled up beside us and a young man was driving this car.

Since I had met Brian very briefly earlier, I didn't quite remember details, but thought Brian possibly looked a little like this guy. I really didn't think it was Brian.

My husband was bringing the cones back to the car and the young man in the sports car came over and asked us "Aren't you Mary's parents?" Then I knew who he was. He sat with us during the wedding since Mary was in the wedding party.

Stay tuned as I will tell you more about this NEW young man in her life.

Thought--We did not know then that he would be an important member of our family. He has been a rock in her life and ours! We love you very much!

1 comment:

Observer said...

Which was it, a Corvette or a Mercedes? I don't remember either one! All I remember is that rusty old Chevy Blazer! Maybe Brian just drove that sports car on his dates with Mary!! ;-) By the way, that Blazer would be much better-suited for hauling around mattresses!!!