Wednesday, September 2, 2009

IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON!!

It's time to move on when you start buying the store out! I'm exaggerating this a bit, but there were no paid vacations, no health insurance, etc. with this job, so it really was a dead end. I did enjoy working at the shop very much and loved the gals I worked with. I worked there about a year and decided to look elsewhere. Surely there was a job that gave benefits after you worked for awhile.

I heard about a bank teller position. Well, I thought this might be interesting work, so off I went to apply. I got the job and now I was working at a local bank. I enjoyed this job very much and yes there were a few benefits that came with that job. Paid vacations, health insurance were a few that come to mind. Working with people was another thing I enjoyed.

The first time I came up short at my teller window, I broke out in a "cold sweat". I thought I had been careful with my transactions. If I was over, nobody would accuse me of that, but being short, that was another thing. Of course, an officer of the bank would check a teller out in this situation. He found the error without a problem. I had put in a pink slip and should have put in
a white slip. (This could have been the other way around). That would make me look like I was short and I really wasn't. WHAT A RELIEF! This incident made me more aware that I must be more careful. I rarely was over or under while working there.

I was told by my Matron of Honor (she was an officer at a Savings and Loan Company) that they had a quick change artist (gypsies) in town and the girls were duped out of money at their windows, so she wanted to warn me about this so we could be on the lookout.

Did they appear? Yes, and would you know one appeared at my window. She gave me X amount of dollars and proceeded to ask for change for that amount of money. I had the amount of change she asked for in a pile in front of me. Then she started talking very fast and wanted to change her mind. She said, "Did I give you X amount of dollars, I didn't mean to do that, give me that back to me." If I hadn't been warned about this, I would have been totally off guard and confused. I told her, "Just one minute, I will take all this money back (as I scooped the change all up) and I will give you your X amount of dollars back to you and then we will start over again." She left immediately from my window with her money she came in with.

Wisdom--Did you know we have an adversary (the devil) walking around today? In I Peter 5:8,9 it states--"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." Are you aware of this adversary? Satan wants you to believe that there is no GOD, and GOD didn't create the world, it was the "big bang theory" or some other nonsense. The big bang theory is like someone possessing a watch and was told that all these parts were flying around in the air and finally through an explosion, they all fell exactly in place! Duh!!! Satan can turn a lie into something that people will believe. BEWARE, Satan is still up to his same tricks! Are you being duped by these lies he puts out? Your destiny may be at stake. BEWARE, I'm warning you. Check it out with scripture and if they don't match with what the scripture says, then beware!

No comments: