Wednesday, September 16, 2009

ROCKY ROMANCE!

There is a saying that true love never runs smoothly or some phrase like that! Well, this probably was true when it came to our younger daughter and her future husband while they were dating.

Our daughter was on a youth mission trip to Alabama and Brian decided to visit. She was gone all summer with a group from the church. They were setting up bible studies, etc. When Brian came down for a weekend, all her friends REALLY liked him. I think this is what got her to take a closer look at her friend.

Another summer she was working in a town close to Brian's parents. We had gone down to visit her. She asked if we wanted to go over and visit Brian's parents. Since we needed something to do, we did just that. All went well----but in the middle of the night, I got to thinking! Well, when moms starts to think, they usually come up with the right answer! I told my husband "I don't think Mary and Brian are dating". He said to me, "What makes you think THAT?" I said to him
"She was asking questions that had they been dating, she certainly would have known first hand, and would have known them already without asking the parents." The next morning I asked her bluntly, "Are you and Brian dating?" She said, "NO." I was right, they had broken up. He was working elsewhere that summer.

This scene played out quite a few times during their courtship. One day though, he gave her a ring. Mary had graduated from college and she had been teaching for two years. They announced they were going to get married at the close of her teaching that spring. What! I had less than 3 months to prepare for a wedding!! Oh my, and it took me a year to prepare for our older daughter's wedding! What is a mother going to do?

Stay tuned. I will tell you!

Thought--We love Brian like a son, and are so glad that they decided to get married. I will tell you more later.

No comments: