Thursday, September 3, 2009

"THE RABBI"

One day when I was working at the bank a "Rabbi" came to the teller window. He was cashing a check for around $550 from a local lawyer in town. Since I did not know this man, I proceeded to ask for identification. He produced a drivers license and it said he lived in Indiana.

I thought to myself, I wonder why this lawyer was giving him $550. It usually is that people are giving lawyers money. This thought quickly left me, but I proceeded to check out if it was indeed the lawyer's signature on the check. This checked out and I gave him the money.

This is not the end of the story! A month went by and the FBI was checking this man out. Since I was among one of many of the tellers that cashed similar checks for this so called "Rabbi", they took each one of us in and questioned us separately. I remembered cashing this check and what precautions I took prior to cashing the check. I had put his drivers ID on the check, checked the lawyers signature, etc. All the required things a teller was instructed to do. I told them if they run the photo-tape of that day, I could identify him. They told me that one can't beat the counterfeit at his own game. They did not run the tape that day for me.

Each teller which was about 6 in all went in to be questioned about this man. Each had a separate description of the man. He had gone to the drive up window and the drive-up teller had written the drivers license plate number down as she was instructed to do when in doubt.

Now if we could find a tall, short, thin, fat, black, white man that fit this description we could have "nailed" him. H-mm mm!!! I wonder if there is one like that around. I wonder how he stole the lawyer's checks from his checking account? Mystery indeed! I love mystery solving, but this one never did get solved. Were there more than one man posing as a "Rabbi" that day?
My guess was that there were a ring of men going to the teller windows and cashing approximately $500 each.

Wisdom--In II Corinthians 11:13-15 it says, "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."
Check them out and see what the inerrant infallible word of God (The Bible) says. If it doesn't match then BEWARE!

No comments: