Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT SMELL????

Yesterday, I gave a lesson on purchasing items on line. The lesson I took was from the University of Illinois and I was to bring it back to our local unit. It was kinda like the blind leading the blind, as I am a novice at this, for sure. The gal that I took the lesson from was very informative and I hope that I was able to convey the important aspects of the lesson to those I spoke to yesterday.

Since I was working most Saturdays at General Motors (paid time and half for Saturday work), my husband of a few short weeks, asked me if he could help with dinner. That way, it would be fixed when I got home. I tried to tell him how to fix Chili, since it was about the easiest kind of meal he could put together. I explained each step and what ingredients to add. I told him that if you put it on and let it simmer for awhile, it enhances the flavor. Well, he carefully did each step as I wrote it down.

When I got home, my what an aroma was coming out of the upstairs apartment. The people downstairs was wondering what was cooking upstairs, as it permeated the whole neighborhood.
I quickly found out what the problem was. My husband had put in a quart of my mother's canned tomato condiment (made especially for meats--very potent) by mistake. Whoa, was it stout and had to be thrown out. I think we went out to eat that night. The main part, he was so willing to help in any way, that I was totally appreciative of his effort. My husband still hasn't gotten the knack of cooking today, but he is always willing to help when I am sick. He is a great helper, even though he doesn't cook too well yet.

Wisdom--It is always wise to pitch in and help each other after a days work. Both are just as tired (either mentally or physically) and a helping hand makes a world of difference, whether it is mowing the lawn or running a vacuum sweeper. I remember the motto "If mom isn't happy, nobody is happy!"

No comments: