Wednesday, April 15, 2009

BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH!

One evening my future husband and I had double dated with another couple and had gone to the fair that was in our city.

There were lots of rides to get on and since the guys wanted to take these rough rides, we went along with it. There was a particular ride that if you sat in the front seat you wouldn't be jerked around as much and the back seat got more of a twirl for your money. It was designed like a car, front seat and back seats. Since the other couple took the front seat, then we proceeded to get in the back seat of the same car. These cars would twirl around and another car would nearly hit us as we barely got out of the way. All would have been fine, BUT FOR ONE SMALL DETAIL! The seats that we got into, did not have a safety bar nor anything to hang on to (it was broken).

We started up and then the momentum got stronger and stronger. I had literally left my seat and was dangling over the edge of the car. I had nothing to hang on to. The operator did not stop the ride and I had to ride this thing out to the end. I was TOTALLY SCARED and with good reason. Had I fallen out of the car, the other car would have whipped right over me and I would have been cut into. I think God was watching over me that night because I didn't fall out.

When the ride stopped, the kid that was in charge of the rides told me, "Lady you almost fell out"! He didn't have to tell me this as I KNEW I HAD ALMOST FALLEN OUT!!!!

For the rest of the evening and night I had Butterflies in my Stomach BIG TIME! I have never been this frightened before nor since.

The four of us was planning to go to the amusement park in Chicago that weekend, and some of those rides were quite rough. By getting back on the rides within days, I lost my fear.

I had a high school teacher say that her best friend was riding the swings that twirled around and went straight out, and the swing got lose and her friend flew out and was instantly killed. Since so many of these rides are assembled and taken down and reassembled in each town, I think there is a strong possibility of this happening.

Thought--I have had too many things happen to me that I believe God was by my side and the worst didn't come to pass. I believe the above was one example of it. This couple that we double dated with that day was married about 6 months after we were and they were at my husband's sister's memorial a few weeks ago. They still seem the same to us as they did so many years ago. Also, the couple that I had driven to the State Fair with was married and still happy after so many years ago. We hope to see them when we go to Florida next month.

No comments: