Thursday, January 15, 2009

SLEEP WALKING!!!

Well today it is -16 degrees outside and the windchill factor is -32. Now that is COLD!!!! Nevertheless, I am "UP AND AT UM", My shower taken and dressed, ready to start a new day!

Today, I will talk about sleep walking. Some people never did any sleep walking, but I was one that on occasions would walk in my sleep.

Right after we had gotten electricity, I walked in my sleep and turned on all the lights in the house and proceeded back to bed. I must have been dreaming about the new illumination we had. I didn't know about it until the next day and my parents told me what I had done.

I had a cousin that would walk in her sleep and would go outside while she was sleeping. Even back then, I don't think you wanted your child wandering around in the dark outside. So to combat this little wandering during the night, they put the key to the house in the pail of drinking water. When my cousin got up and started doing her little adventure, she knew (how she knew is a mystery) that the key was placed in the pail of water. When she reached in to get the key, the ice cold water would wake her up and she proceeded to go back to bed.

I do vaguely remember that I was awakened up by a splash of cold water in my face. I was the youngest and was put to bed early. One time I started sleep walking and my sister and brother was still up. They said that my eyes was wide open, but they were kinda glazed. They knew that I was asleep and was having one of my dreams. The splash of water woke me up in a hurry!

I still have dreams and they usually are wild. Some of the facts are accurate, but then they take off in crazy kinds of ways. Most of my dreams are not nightmares, and rather entertaining, but the next morning I can't even tell what they were all about. I have known some people that said that they have never dreamed. I can't imagine never dreaming! I have had a few nightmares and these are NOT something you would want on a daily basis. When I have had a nightmare, I will wake up and try to get really awake before I go back to sleep, for fear that I will continue the nightmare where it left off.

Today's wisdom--Be thankful for a good nights rest and roof over one's head, plenty to eat and God's protection.

No comments: