Monday, January 5, 2009

HEALTH ISSUES AND DOCTORS

Unlike today where people have money to go to the doctor or health insurance, back when I was growing up there were neither health insurance or much money left over to pay doctor bills.

I made the comment to my father a few months prior to my dad passing away, that our family was very fortunate that down through the years, we all were quite healthy and had few doctor bills and only my sister's appendectomy was about the biggest bill that had to be paid. He agreed with me on this. He was so easy to visit and talk with about any subject I wished to bring up. It's been 54 years since he has been gone and I still miss him and his wisdom that he gave during those talks.

There weren't anyone that seemed to have any money for doctor bills, etc. in those days. We were not the exception. This is why we only went to the doctor for severe problems that home remedies wasn't working.

Wisdom today--Be very thankful and grateful if you haven't had a lot of illness. This is more important that things or money.

No comments: