Monday, January 26, 2009

ICE HAZARD!

Last writing I told you that my husband had his wrist broken a few years ago. This was from a fall on the ice. Well today, I will tell you about his falling on the ice around Christmas. When it happened, I didn't want to mention it because of our children were gone and I didn't want to spoil their trips.

We were taking care of one of our kids dog while they were away. I thought this was not going to be a problem, since we have a dry attached garage, that all we had to do is go out in the dry garage and the dog could go out the double doors of the garage and then back into the house again. Good plan, don't you think? Well, it turned out that the dog had other plans, and started walking grandpa. Not a good plan!!!!! He stepped out on the ice and down he went face first. He came in and didn't mention anything about it.

Later in the evening, I said there was a funny sound in the garage. He said that he had forgotten to close the garage door. He tried to get up, and was really having quite a time standing up. I asked him what was wrong.

He said, "I got a little problem".

I said, "What kind of problem"?

He said, "I didn't want to tell you this, but I fell on the ice while taking the dog out".

The truth was finally out of the bag of how the dog took him for a walk, instead of him leading the dog.

After a CAT scan, Sonogram, and ex ray this morning, they decided he had a crack in his knee cap. The bone doctor said that he was healing quite well and didn't need to see him unless something comes up again. His swelling of the leg was down this morning and this was really good news. It's been a month since his fall, so I suppose it has healed some since December.

Our son-in-law chipped out our double driveway yesterday. It was caked with ice and snow. Thanks so much!!!!!

Wisdom today--Falling on ice is not very good idea, especially if you are nearing 88 years of
age. Falling on ice at any age isn't a very good idea, regardless of the age. Many people much younger were in the doctors office today recuperating from some kind of leg injury.

1 comment:

Berjo said...

Maggie is a strong willed dog----and made sure Grandpa did things her way! Naughty doggie!
Mary