Thursday, January 22, 2009

MOVIE STARS BACK THEN--

It was a beautiful winter day today, sun shining, not that cold. Went to bible study this morning and my sister was over for lunch. We went grocery shopping, washed the car, etc. Since yesterday we talked about the free movies, today I will mention the movies in the theatre.

Since we didn't go to the movies much in the theatre, we didn't keep up with the latest stars, but some of them come to mind. I thought Shirley Temple was just about "it'. I had heard that she had caught a cold and I wondered how a star like that could catch a cold. I sure had her up on some kind of pedestal, now didn't I. Or at least wasn't thinking very clearly. She was just about the cutest child ever.

I think Gene Autry, Dale Evans and her husband was the western heroes of the day. Bette Davis, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Dorothy Lamaar, Mickey Rooney, Judy Garland, Dick Powell, Vivian Leigh, Clark Gable, Carol Lombard were a few that come to my mind that played on the big screen.

When I was in the 8th grade, my dad took me to see Gone With the Wind. Some of the scenes were really scary to me. Like the burning of Atlanta and all the soldiers out on stretchers being cared for by the doctor. Since this affected me like this, I wonder how the movies of today are affecting the young children. There are so many graphics and bad things on the screen or television, it can't help make an impact on young children.

Wisdom of the day-- Government has authority, but God has ultimate authority.

No comments: