Monday, June 22, 2009

TINY ONE, ALUMNI, AND REUNION WEEKEND!

This weekend was really busy and exciting! We saw our great-granddaughter for the first time this weekend. She is so pretty and perfect in every way. She is quite tiny and our name for her is the "TINY ONE". She is well developed and plump, but just has tiny features, hands, etc. What a priceless little bundle of joy!!

Saturday evening we went to my Alumni banquet from High School. It has been 65 years since we graduated. Whoa! How time flies. I was able to see two of my very best friends there. In high school one of our teachers called us the "Three Musketeers". Someone came up and said "I see you three are still hanging around together" and remembered those days that we were so close.

When we went home, my friend left her keys in the car and didn't have an extra set. We were pondering what to do next, when I got the idea of asking a complete stranger (they were at the banquet, but I didn't know them) if he knew how to open the car door. God is so good, this man took his car keys and opened her door. They had to very same kind of car and year. How about that for God to place that man very close to her car, so she could get home that evening.
God knows our every need, even before we can ask or think and has a solution ready for us.

Sunday we went to our family (cousin) reunion. We are all getting up there is years and it was good to see them again.

Thought--The weekend was really packed full of "fun" things, but it is always good to get back home and in a routine again. My close friends from high school has lost their husbands a few years ago. I am so grateful that my husband is still living and well enough to enjoy the evening.

No comments: