Wednesday, June 24, 2009

NERVOUS BRIDE'S MIXING BOWL!!

It seems that the funniest things come to our mind when we reminisce over the past.

Since the girls were in 4-H and was learning to cook, they were in the kitchen a lot learning new things.

One day while both of them was stirring up something delicious, I looked over and saw our older daughter having batter running down on her shoes. I was always doing something in the kitchen while they were learning, so I was very close by. I think my job was to clean up the mess that they were creating. I told her, "Watch out and don't tip the bowl so much as you are letting the batter run out". I found out that she wasn't tipping the bowl at all and had beaten the batter so much that she beat a hole in the glass bowl.

Well, after that incident, I decided the girls needed my "Nervous Bride's Mixing Bowl". It was a Wearever mixing bowl, that one could not break, nor it could not be tipped over no matter how hard you tried. Thereafter, when it was time to beat something, out came that bowl. I still have that same bowl today. Those Wearever pans that I bought before I was married, I am still using and they never wear out. They really do wear forever.

Wisdom--Mothers that wait on their children and do not teach their daughters or sons "LIFE SKILLS" are not being kind to them. In the early years kids think it is "fun" to learn to do things that mom and dad are doing. This is a "golden" opportunity for them to learn and have fun while learning. Any kind of success they have while learning is one thing they don't have to learn later. Never expect the finished product to be perfect, but praise them a lot for their effort!!! This takes a lot of time and effort to teach, but the rewards are terrific. The goal in parenting is for the child to be independent and able to function on their own. Sometimes it is hard to cut the "apron strings", but they do need to be cut gradually.

No comments: