Saturday, June 13, 2009

LOVED TOO MUCH!

We sent our girls to a private church school and the bus picked them up each day to take them to school. This was convenient, and they picked them up in front of our home. However, the bus route took a different route, and let them off about 2 blocks away in the evening. The street they let them off on was quite busy and it was busier around the time he dropped them off.

My husband worked first shift and got off early, so he was home by the time our girls was out of school.

I was concerned about the safety of getting let off on this busy street and whether I daughter was looking both ways before crossing the street. I did have good reason for this as a child had gotten off of the church bus and was run over by a car and died yet that evening a few years prior.

One day I sent my husband down to where they let our daughter off, to see if she indeed was looking before crossing the street as she said she always did.

Well this didn't set too well with her. She came in like a little wet hen and said, "What is daddy doing down by the bus stop?" I said, "He wanted to make sure you were looking both ways before you crossed the street". Well she said indignantly, "You would think I was a baby or something!" She wasn't very old (2ND or 3rd grade perhaps)

I tried to explain to her that we loved her and didn't want her run over. She quickly replied, "You just love me just too much!!"

She was one independent little girl!

Thought--I still have this protective streak about me! I remind the grown up kids and our grandchildren when it is deer season and deer comes popping out from nowhere in front of the cars. Make sure your seat belts are fastened, etc. Once a mother, always a mother!

2 comments:

Observer said...

"Once a mother, always a mother!" You said it! I'm 56 years old, and literally every time my motorcycle is mentioned around my mother, she admonishes me that I really must be careful! :-)

neumo_rus said...

Amen! Amen!!! My dad would have say the same words!!!