Monday, June 29, 2009

SUMMER FLU--4 SICK KIDS!

I mentioned before that my sister came to visit each summer and we always had "fun" going here and there.

Well this summer was a tad different when she came. Her two boys and our two girls took sick with the flu and ran a temperature and the "WORKS". They were all small (pre-school age or first grade age). It seemed that we would no more take one child's temperature and give the their medicine, that the other child was in need of attention. This went on until the course of time cured what ailed them. My sister drove back to her home in another state after her kids got well.
The day she drove back, I took the "NASTY FLU". Now this flu was no ordinary flu, especially the one who has it thinks that. It was time to feed my children and I was so sick I couldn't hold my head up. The girls were way too small to leave unsupervised in the kitchen, even to get cereal, etc. out to eat. I remember pulling a lounge chair that I had on the porch into the house and put it between the dining room and the kitchen, so I could supervise the process of them getting something out to eat while lying down.

Wisdom--There is no "GOOD" time for mothers to take sick. I guess this is why this stands out in my memory. I was just too sick to function and my little ones were just too young to function on their own very well.

No comments: