Monday, June 8, 2009

GOD ORCHESTRATES OUR STEPS!

Don't you just stand in amazement when God works in His timing and His ways? He does this over and over again and one can't just dismiss it as coincidence. Some may try, but how could they?

A few months ago I was in Sunday School and we have a fellowship time between Sunday School and Church, to get to know others in other classes, etc. This particular Sunday we were seated at this round table and a couple asked if they could join us. Of course, we told them they could.
This couple was traveling through our town and it was just time to stop to attend church along the way. They had to go a little out of the way from the Interstate, as our church is not that close by.

The purpose of the fellowship is to get to know the people you are sitting with and their interests, etc. He was a professor from another state and it just happened to be what our son-in-law teaches at a University close by. Upon more visiting we learned that he had a son that is studying to be a missionary to the Spanish people. He said that he was having trouble with learning Spanish, however. Now what better table would God place him, than our table! I will explain why. Our Best Man and Matron of Honor (59 years ago) just happened to have a son that his business was teaching languages via tape. Since he started his business, it took off and McMillan Publishing bought him out. One stipulation was that he couldn't sell tapes and books on the side, but only through McMillan in the book stores. He had recently told me that if I knew someone that could use this, to let him know. Duh!!! I didn't, BUT God did! A God thing for sure!!! Today I am mailing him these tapes.

Well now if you think that was coincidence, I have another story. As I had told you prior that my husband's sister passed away. She just happened to have two lift chairs. We are keeping one of the lift chairs, but didn't know what to do with the other one.

Our daughter had a friend at school and her mother had a stroke. She needed a lift chair. Her husband said maybe they could find one at a garage sale. She said, Oh yeh, how many lift chairs have you ever seen at a garage sale?" I've been going to garage sales most of my life and I have yet to ever see one.

The very next day our daughter went to school and asked her friend, "Do you know anybody that could use a lift chair?" Whoa! Did she know someone who was in need of a lift chair!!! My sister in law's home was 130 miles away from this lady, but God knew and knew the need and orchestrated the timing. Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO!

Wisdom--The magazine Guidepost has a column in their monthly magazine, called "His Mysterious Ways! I love this article, because it shows how interested God is for the individual and how he carries out a miracle right when they are in need of one.

No comments: