Monday, December 15, 2008

HAZARD ON THE FARM!

When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I found strange things to play in or with. This day was no exception. I was playing in a make-shift chicken shelter. It was just a pen that had boards on top with a few bricks on top of that to hold the boards in place. I suppose, this was made temporary to have chickens get out of the rain in case of a sudden cloud burst. There is nothing madder than an old wet hen!!!!

While I was playing in the shelter, I raised up and the board with a nail and brick fell down on my head. This sent a flood of tears and trickles of blood down the side of my face. I was crying and my dad and his brother was working in the implement shed. He saw all the blood and took me into the house. My mother cleaned me all up and they decided to take me into the doctor in town to get a shot and sewed up. We seldom went to the doctor, but this was too chancy not to get a tetanus shot.

My mother dressed me up in my prettiest dress (I adored this dress) and off to the doctor we went. The dress was two-toned brown with a little diamond applique on the bodice. I'm sure if I saw the dress today, I would not think it "pretty", but as a child, it was beautiful!!!! I will talk about our wardrobe as we were growing up on another time.

Anyway, with a few stitches and a shot, I was good as new!!!

Wisdom of the day--God never is late with any of his promises! I Kings 8:56b states--There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses. God is the same yesterday, today and always!!! You can bank on his promises to us.

No comments: