Wednesday, December 10, 2008

AN EMBARRASSING MOMENT!!

Speaking of the classrooms and how each grade came forward and had their own particular lessons taught by the teacher, I remember in the second grade, I was standing by the teacher and reading for her. All of a sudden I had the urge to go to the bathroom (outhouse in those days). I asked permission to go. Since she was on a tight schedule she asked me to wait. I said I could, and proceeded to shuffle on one foot and then the other foot and this is the way it went until I couldn't wait no longer and asked permission again. After the 2nd try she allowed me to go. By the time I took my first step toward the double doors leading out to the schoolyard toward the outhouse, I had left a trail behind me. When I got outside, I didn't have to go any longer and proceeded to come back in.

At recess time I was standing in the sun and an older 8th grader came up to me and asked if I was drying off. This was about the most humilitating thing that could have been said. Looking back on this, I don't blame the teacher nor myself for this little mishap. It was one of those things that happen in a persons growing up years. Even though it was not one of my pleasant memories of school, but it became a memorable one. I lived to tell about it.

Lesson for today--We can endure this days problems because of the next days joys.

1 comment:

The Redouteys said...

That is embarrassing, grandma! Thanks for sharing though. :) It's kind of nice to know that kind of thing can happen to anyone... even grandmas.