Saturday, December 13, 2008

CHANGE IS IN THE AIR!!!

It seemed to me like there was a lot more snow during the winter months than what we have now. I don't know whether it was because of the fences and roads in the country and the drifts that seemed to be so high or there really was more snow. We enjoyed walking to school on top of the snow drifts. Well, do you think that walking on the road where it was all scooped out is "fun"? Of course, we walked where the snow was the deepest and that was in the snow drifts.

My last writing I was in the 7th grade. That summer I kept telling my dad that I did not like being the only girl in school and would like to go to the school in town. This required money because the town school wasn't in my district. Money was tight in those days, but lo and behold, they scraped up enough money to send me to town school. Even though I wouldn't have my "favorite teacher" I was excited. I hadn't told them about the "pest" so they didn't know the full reason.

It ended up that I had a man teacher for the very first time. I rode the bus like those going to high school and like I would be doing for the next 5 years (8th grade and 4 more in high school).

In "town school" the boys were more refined!!! I developed a "crush" on one of them that sat directly behind me. That crush lasted all during high school. He wasn't aware of it, however.
He was a nice boy and acted appropriately.

I am sure that the money they spent sending me to a different school was money well spent. It gave me an UP on the coming high school years. There wasn't the drastic change from grade to high school, as some experienced coming from a country school into high school.

Well, there you have the memories of "good ole school days" of long ago. I will speak more about high school days later.

Wisdom for the day--One sin becomes two when it is defended.

No comments: