Thursday, October 29, 2009

MY DAUGHTER'S DILEMMA!

As you all know that our younger daughter teaches school and yesterday was the very first day she has encountered this problem. You wonder what kind of a problem after teaching so many years, could that be! Well, somebody in her class has a case of lice! Now another child has lice.
I don't remember this ever occurring while our daughters were in school.

I guess she had to spray her carpet in the classroom and when she got home last night, she washed her own clothes, coat, etc in very hot water. I told her that she had better screen them when they come in off the bus. I don't know how it went today. Hopefully they got them before they spread to others.

Wisdom--A good friend of mine (actually she was our daughter's age) had told me that her children had contacted lice in school. I thought to myself, if Pam's children could get lice, then anybodies children could get it. She was one immaculate girl and kept everything she owned that way. I'm sure they didn't stay around very long. The only person that I read about that thanked God for the lice, is Corrie Tem Boom. She was the author of the The Hiding Place. In the book she was thankful for the lice while she was in the concentration camp (WWII) because the guards wouldn't come in to check on them and she was free to read God's word to others (she had smuggled a bible in). This really brought tears to my eyes when I read this.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Grandma:
The Hiding Place is one of my most favorite books...it is probably the book that made the biggest impact on my life...EVERYONE should read it at least once...if not many times.

Rebecca