Wednesday, October 7, 2009

LEAF TIME AGAIN!

It's hard to believe that we are raking leaves again! It was about this time last year I started writing things down about our families history. Time certainly flies by! We both have been in fairly good health throughout the year and once again are bagging leaves. I can't believe I have still stories left to tell you about!

I don't believe I mentioned how we got our lawn tractor. A few years ago, I was thinking that our old riding lawn mower was kinda hard to handle during the fall when the leaves were on the ground. I thought that one of those riding lawn mowers that have large bags on the back that collect the leaves would be a nice thing to have, since we were getting older. They were quite expensive to purchase new, so I looked one day and they had advertised a Sears riding lawn mower at a garage sale. I thought we ought to go check this out. We did, and got the lawn mower for $300.00. It was a Craftsmen and fairly new. I feel that God lead me right to this, since it helps us be able to still do our lawn work. Our lawn is 100 ft X 200 ft. and we sure need all the help we can get. We are so thankful for this mower. We did have to spend $500 more to get the double containers attached to the back for leaf clippings and leaves. Most of the time, it is rather fun, except when it gets quite cold toward the end of leaf raking. We donated our old mower to a church close by here. They too, were looking for a riding mower to mow the church lot. I would say, it was a win, win situation.

Wisdom--God knows our needs and supplies them when we need them. Very thankful for His watch care over us! Pound another nail in behind the barn!!

No comments: