Friday, November 13, 2009

THE SWITCHOVER!

A new treasurer was elected and it was time to turn over the reigns.

I tried to give many of my chores to others in the office, since it would probably be a full load to learn the new job, let alone the nitty-gritty things I had been doing, also.

The auditors were all finished with their work and all funds and money were in place. I thought it was wise to write down the securities that I had in my possession and present each security to the new Treasurer as we checked them off. Then he signed for these and I gave him the key for his safe keeping. It was all his ball of wax from here on out. Nobody told me to do this, but I thought it a wise thing to do.

He struggled with his new job and even after I moved to our new locale, he would come over on weekends and I would try to help him. After a few months, I told him he had to learn on his own. He hired an assistant to do some of the work that I was doing. Also, he came down and dumped a lot of the work on the comptroller and said he wasn't going to do that work.

Wisdom--When you are responsible for certain funds, it doesn't hurt to have things in writing. I was so glad that I had the securities signed for by the new incoming Treasurer.

No comments: