Sunday, November 30, 2008

BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE!

This is a story about the car again. My sister had come home from Business School for the week-end. She wanted to visit some friends that were 10 mile away while she was home. Dad permitted her to take the car. I was the tag-a-long (as usual). Well we had a little visit and then she decided that she would like to visit various people in various towns around the community. Without permission, we did just that! Before we got home my sister had me promise that I wouldn't tell Dad about these extra excursions we took. I gave an oath to her that I would not tell Dad. I should have known that my sister was short a little bit from a full load in her head after giving me the keys to the car at the tender age of 10. If she happens to read this, just kidding sister, just kidding! Like my grandchildren informed me JK sister, JK. But there again, I thought she was all wise and I would go along with the deceiving process.

All went well and nothing was said when we got home. When the weekend was up, dad took my sister back to school (about 50 miles away). Dad had a way about him, as I had mentioned earlier in my writings, that he could extract what he wanted to know, without the person even realizing what he was doing. This day was no exception. While driving the 50 miles back to school my sister on her own free will "spilled the beans" so to speak.

The next day my Dad asked, "Did you have a good time with your sister visiting her friend?"

I said, "yes".

He said, "I heard that someone saw you in a certain town".

I said, "No we didn't go there". (As I remembered my promise to my sister)

He repeated a few other towns that people happened to see us in. Again, the same response from me.

By this time, my Dad was getting really perturbed with my outright lying.

He said, "I didn't care that you went to these places, but you are lying and this is not acceptable." He made it perfectly clear that I had better not ever lie to him again. I truly was between a Rock and a Hard Place!! To my knowledge, I believe he got his message across to me that I never lied to him again.

The next time I saw my sister, I found out she had told him where we had been on her own. Did I mention that above, that she was a few stacks short of a full load! Just kidding, sister!!!! (or JK)

Wisdom for the day--Number 32:23b says, "and be sure your sins will find you out".

No comments: