Sunday, March 1, 2009

HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST!!

Yesterday we went to a shower at our Grandson (VIYM) & his wife's home. They are quite the team!! When we got there, our Grandson was stirring the soup, while his wife was doing other jobs for the family shower to be given for our other Special Grandson and his wife's new little one to be born in May. What a joy to see all of them and enjoying the fruits of their hospitality! The hostess had such unique ways to make the shower special for the new arrival. She made a wreath out of diapers, served punch in a baby tub (purchased new and to be given to the honored guest). Had cupcakes served on a little doll bed. She was the "HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST!" Thanks for the luncheon and the "fun" time we had at your home. We love you both!

At the shower was a girl that I didn't remember, but she said that her husband to be was a College roommate of our "Special" Grandson. They were the ones that introduced Steve and Nicole during the Christmas Season after that Thanksgiving session in Tennessee I will mention below.

Here is the story a few years back (about 5 years ago). It went like this---

We (husband and I and family) went to Tennessee at a time-share condo that our oldest daughter and husband owned. It was the Thanksgiving when Steve was a Junior in College. He was majoring in a music career. I was compelled to pray specifically for him while we were enjoying our vacation. I felt that there was a fork in the road ahead and he could follow God's plan for his life or go the way of the world (which usually goes the opposite way of God's plan). I prayed that the right girl would come into his life at the right time, so together they could plan their future and to honor God.

It was about late January or early February (about 2-3 months later), I got an e-mail from him. He stated that he had met a girl and I could ask him anything I wanted to ask about her. He stated her name and just a tad about her. I swiftly e-mailed him back with tons of questions. (Now imagine that!!!) I wasn't very good on the computer and before I could send the message, I lost everything I wrote to him. My screen went blank. Before I could write it again, he e-mailed me all the answers to what I wanted to know. Then a few nights later he called me on the phone. I told him that she sounded like a very nice person and would like to meet her sometime. Well, he said, "How about this week-end?" Whoa!! This was really going pretty fast! Of course, I said, "yes".

They came up and we got to meet our "Nicole" for the first time. She was everything he said she was and more!!! Steve and Nicole is a great team and compliment each other in their field of endeavor. She is an Associate Pastor at a church, he teaches guitar, works part time as a music director and has a music studio in the home. He has done some landscaping this past year.

God answers our prayers, sometimes quite rapidly, sometimes it seems slow, but He always answers!!! Nicole had Divinity School yet ahead of her and so they planned their lives around this for a few years. Now we are going to be blessed with a little sweet great-granddaughter.

Wisdom--God so wants to send the RIGHT person in your life, but He wants us to be WILLING to His choice for our lives. How many times must we GO AROUND THE BARN before we learn God's way is always BEST!!!

No comments: