Tuesday, January 26, 2010

LAURAINE SNELLING BOOKS!!

I'm not much of a reader, but Lauraine Snelling books are addictive and they are hard to put down. Since November, I am on my 10Th book that she has written. The series that have such a hold of my attention are the RED RIVER OF THE NORTH (6 books) and RETURN TO RED RIVER (3 books) and now I am reading DAUGHTER OF BLESSINGS SERIES (4 books).

Red River of the North
1. Untamed land
2. New Day Rising
3. Land to Call Home
4. Reaper's Song
5. Tender Mercies
6. Blessing in Disguise

Return to Red River
1. Dream to Follow
2. Believing the Dream
3. More than a Dream

Daughters of Blessing
1. Promise for Ellie
2. Sophie's Dilemma
3. A Touch of Grace
4. Rebecca's Reward

These are Christian Fiction books about the trials that our Forefathers that Homesteaded near the Red River in South Dakota. Very factual and depicting the trials and hardships that our ancestors encountered as they came over from Norway.

I dare say, that if you don't shed a tear reading these books, you are "one hardened dude"!

Thought--Sometimes scripture comes alive when it is put in the context of everyday trials. The author of these books has just this ability to convey to us the meaning of scripture as it applies to our everyday living. I hope you check these out at the library and in the order in which I have listed so you can get the total picture of this family and our founding fathers trials.

1 comment:

Observer said...

This is still on my list of books to read, but I've got several others ahead of it on the list. Sounds interesting though!