Wednesday, January 13, 2010

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED?

The other day I was wondering about a person's mind and memory. Some people have an inborn memory system, and others seem not to have this as much. What brought it to my mind was that my cousin's husband passed away this week and I had mentioned this to our younger daughter. She said, that she didn't know that I had a cousin living in our town. She had met her at my sister's home one time for lunch. Also, we had gone to see this cousin's brother at his beautiful home in her city one time when another cousin came to visit. She couldn't remember ever going inside of this house. I remember her saying to them (as she had to leave early) "How do you get out of this house?" It was very large new home and beautiful backed up to the country club golf course. She couldn't remember going there. I guess her mind is clogged up with other things. I think she vaguely remembered later.

It got me to thinking about how God has created us. Our memory and mind is like a computer and we can instantly bring up things in our mind with clarity, vividly, and emotions are remembered, things that happened years and years ago, as well as things that happened just yesterday. Don't you think that is amazing? God's computers have been at it for generations. Some of them, like this computer I am typing on today, run rather slowly at times, just like some memories are hard to bring up by some people. With a little jogging of their minds, they do remember.

It does seem like our family has had little trouble remembering events of the past. My brother could tell you what he had for lunch and where they stopped on a specific vacation and town and county the town was in. My cousin that lived in Florida had just such an unusual memory.

Wisdom--It is wise to remember the good times, but lay aside those things that are hurtful, painful and causes us to have an unforgiving spirit within us. These can only damage ourselves if we think about these things and dwell on these for long.

No comments: